1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. 2. OPEN TO/ENTRY DETAILS: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama and Nebraska) at the time of entry. 3. Sweepstakes begins at 11:59:59 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) September 6, 2013 and all entries must be received by 11:59:59 a.m. CT on September 26, 2013. 4. PRIZE DETAILS: One Prize consisting of 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles. ARV $497.50. 5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on number of entries. 6. ELIGIBILITY: Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and affiliates , agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees or agents, are not eligible to win. 7. Void where prohibited. 8. Participation is subject to complete Official Rules by which all entrants are bound. Available at www.aa.com/fca3. 9. Entrants release all parties from all claims/liability arising from this Sweepstakes or acceptance/use of any Prize. 10. Sponsor: American Airlines, Inc. 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. 2. OPEN TO/ENTRY DETAILS: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age (19 in AL and NE) who are authorized by a small or medium sized company to enter Contest on behalf of Company; provided, however, that entry cannot be made from a computer, mechanical device, or electronic device at a place of business in the State of Georgia. 3. Contest begins at 11:59:59 a.m. Central time ("CT") on July 31, 2013 and all entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. CT on August 21, 2013. 4. PRIZE DETAILS: See Official Rules for Prize details. Total ARV of all Prizes $468,517.23. 5. ELIGIBILITY: Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees' and agents' immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees or agents are not eligible to win. 6. Void where prohibited. 7. Participation is subject to complete Official Rules by which all entrants are bound. Available at www.aa.com/fca3. 8. Entrants release all parties from all claims/liability arising from this Contest or acceptance/use of any Prize. 9. Sponsor: American Airlines, Inc. 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in the U.S.A.
See full terms & conditions on in the Sweepstakes Rules here.
b. Nine (9) finalists, as determined by popular online vote, will win an additional 20,000 Business Extra points (redeemable for 10 round-trip PlanAAhead® Award tickets or 4 round-trip AAnytime® Award tickets) and up to two employees will attend the Inc. 500|5000 Awards ceremony in Washington, DC, all expenses paid.
c. Three (3) Grand Prize winners, as determined by a judging panel, will win 30,000 additional Business Extra points (redeemable for 15 domestic round-trip PlanAAhead® Award tickets or six domestic round-trip AAnytime® Award tickets), plus the ultimate exposure package to American’s customers, including:
- An In-Flight TV testimonial segment airing on American Airlines flights featuring your business for a one-month period
- A full-page ad in two issues of American Way or Nexos magazine
- A 22” x 28” display at the Admirals Club of winner’s choice for one month
- 100,000 targeted impressions on AA.com
Admirals Club® lounge membership for up to two employees for one year.
Finally, the winning company will receive AAdvantage Gold® status for up to two employees for one year.
One lucky voter will take home 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles, which can be redeemed for one round-trip AAdvantage MileSAAver® award ticket.
FLIGHTS. CAMERA. ACTION. 3 VOTING
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
2. TO ENTER. The "American Airlines Flights. Camera. Action. 3 Voting Sweepstakes" ("Sweepstakes") commences 11:59:59 a.m. Central Time ("CT") on September 6, 2013 and ends 11:59:59 a.m. CT on September 26, 2013 (the "Promotion Period"). During Promotion Period complete an official entry form in the manner listed below. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 a.m. CT on September 26, 2013. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of American Airlines, Inc. ("American Airlines" or "Sponsor") and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned.
Visit aa.com/fca3 and: (i) complete all required fields on the online entry form; and (ii) follow the instructions to view and vote for one (1) posted video in each of the three (3) categories ("Established", "Non-Profit" and "Start-Up"), that you believe best illustrates the company's ability to present a concise, compelling case for how a trip changed the future of the company and the originality and creativity of each video and you will receive one (1) entry for each vote for a maximum of three (3) entries per email address per day. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered "Eligible Entries".
3. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age (19 in Alabama and Nebraska) or older at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and each of their respective parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees' and agents' immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
4. PRIZE DETAILS AND RELATED TERMS. One (1) Winner will receive 25,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles which may be used for air transportation on American Airlines or its "Airline Associates" (American Eagle or the American Connection® carrier), oneworld® airlines or select AAdvantage® participating airlines, car rentals, hotel stays and other awards available at AA.com/redeem, the ("Prize"). Approximate retail value ("ARV"): = $497.50. If AAdvantage® miles are redeemed for air transportation, Winner is responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their departure and arrival city. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. AAdvantage® flight awards are subject to, and the passenger is responsible for, the September 11th Security Fee of up to $10 per round-trip, applicable departure taxes, federal inspection fees, passenger facility charges of up to $18.00, depending on itinerary, and any other taxes and fees imposed by a government entity (U.S. or foreign) of up to $240 based on destination; total may vary slightly based upon currency exchange rate at time of purchase, as well as any fees or surcharges (including fuel surcharges) imposed by the carrier. U.S. government excise tax is a user tax to pay for airport construction and airway safety and operations. If ticketing is less than 21 days prior to departure, a $75.00 expedite charge will apply (waived for AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, AAdvantage® Platinum and AAdvantage® Gold members using miles from their account). A ticketing service charge of up to $35.00 will apply when ticketing via Reservations, American Airlines Travel Center or an Airport Ticket Office. (The ticketing service charge is waived for involuntary changes, reissued tickets, AAdvantage award tickets issued within 21 days of travel and an expedite charge has been collected, Airpass tickets, Government/military fare tickets, and prepaid tickets.) Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the AAdvantage® award travel. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® account of each Winner who must provide a valid AAdvantage® membership number in order to receive the mileage credit. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles awarded in this promotion will not count toward elite status qualification, Million Milersm status or any other promotional benefit that American Airlines may offer in the AAdvantage® program. Winner who is not an AAdvantage® member may join at no cost online at www.aa.com and click on AAdvantage® or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. The credited miles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the AAdvantage® program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be found at www.aa.com/aadvantage when you click on Program Details and then click on AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Determination of income tax liability on AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the Winner. American Airlines may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. American Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. Sponsor is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Flight schedules subject to change without notice. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations.
5. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On or about October 8, 2013, a random drawing will be conducted from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor whose independent judging organization ("Administrator") will select the Winner in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor. The Administrator's and Sponsor's decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential Winner will be notified by email using the email address provided during registration. The potential Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these Official Rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within fourteen (14) days from date of issuance, or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all of the Eligible Entries received. If any Prize, Prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all of the Eligible Entries received. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winner's consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting Prize, Winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. In the event for any reason that a Winner meets the eligibility requirements stated herein but has not reached the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Prize will be delivered to minor's parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor's parent/legal guardian. Prize is provided "as is" and without any warranty of any kind. Prize is non-transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Limit one Prize per household/family.
6. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of Eligible Entries received.
8. TAXES. Any valuation of the Prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prize will be taxable to Winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner's responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide the Administrator or Sponsor with valid identification and a signed IRS Form W-9 before any Prize will be awarded. United States residents that win $600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Official Rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the Prize to a Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining uncorrupted Eligible Entries. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities' employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
10. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
11. WINNER LIST. The name of the Winner will be posted on the AA.com® website at www.aa.com/promowinners on or about October 31, 2013.
12. ADMINISTRATOR. The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201.
13. SPONSOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc. American Connection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, American Eagle and American Connection are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
oneworld is a trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC
Copyright 2013 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
"AMERICAN AIRLINES FLIGHTS. CAMERA. ACTION. 3 VIDEO CONTEST"
SPONSORED BY AMERICAN AIRLINES, INC. AND PROMOTED BY UPGLOBAL
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER (19 in AL and NE) WHO ENTER FROM WITHIN THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
2. To Enter the Contest The "American Airlines Flights. Camera. Action. 3 Video Contest" ("Contest") commences at 11:59:59 AM CT on July 31, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on August 21, 2013, ("Contest Period"). During the Contest Period, complete an official entry form and enter Contest in the manner listed below. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 AM CT on August 21, 2013.
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to persons: (i) legally residing in, and physically located within, one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age and have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside; and (ii) who are authorized by a small to medium sized company ("Company(ies)"), which is a Business Extra member or will become a Business Extra member prior to receiving any prizes, to enter this Contest on behalf of Company (an "Entrant"). For purposes of this Contest, a small to medium sized company is a United States based company (with its main headquarters located in the United States) with at least two (2) employees and not more than five-hundred (500) employees, and excludes any company that has a corporate agreement with American Airlines Inc. prior to or at any time during the Contest Period, and excludes Finalists from the 2011 and 2012 American Airlines Flights. Camera. Action. Video Upload Contests. Winning Companies must be Business Extra members in order to be able to receive prizes. To sign up for the Business Extra program, visit the website at http://www. businessextraa.com/enroll.htm and complete the necessary fields. Employees, agents, officers and directors of American Airlines, Inc. ("American" or "Sponsor"), and The Marketing Arm Inc., ("Administrator"), and UP Global ("UP Global"), and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, and subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies, and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Contest ("Contest Entities"), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings), and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter Contest. UP Global has an interest in promoting entrepreneurship and has provided consideration to Sponsor to ensure the Contest is broadly promoted. UP Global has received promotional benefits in return for the payment of this consideration. UP Global is not a sponsor of this Contest and will not select the Winners nor set the rules for how the Winners are selected. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Contest are final.
Entrants must also be prepared to travel and participate in Event (hereinafter defined) if they are selected as a Finalist (hereinafter defined). In order to participate in Event, Entrant must be available during the period of October 09, 2013 through October 13, 2013. Dates for travel and Event are subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. If a Finalist is not available to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, Finalist privileges will be terminated, prize may be forfeited and an alternative Finalist may be selected from among the remaining Entrants in Sponsor's sole discretion.
A "Start-Up" company is defined as an entity legally formed less than five (5) years prior to the start of the Contest; an "Established" company is defined as an entity legally formed five (5) or more years prior to the start of the Contest; a "Non-profit" company is a 501(c) (3) organization with any operational term. If an entry has been determined to be incorrectly classified, it may be disqualified from the Contest without replacement at Sponsor's sole discretion.
Entrants agree that Sponsor and/or Administrator may: (i) use their Submissions, including Entrant's first name and state or residence and name of the Company associated with Entrant, in whole or in part for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity without any additional compensation; and (ii) broadcast, copy, reproduce or edit the Submissions and/or any portion or excerpts thereof, in any manner, an unlimited number of times in any and all media without geographic or time limitations. Entrants agree that Contest Entities are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Submissions by any third parties.
There is a limit of one (1) Submission per Company. If it is suspected that an Entrant submits more than one (1) Submission on behalf a Company, only one (1) Submission will be considered for that Company. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Submission, the "authorized account subscriber" of the e-mail account used to participate in Contest at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "authorized account subscriber" for online submissions is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof to Sponsor's satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be requested by Sponsor.
5. Early Entry Gift: Each Entrant that submits one of the first four-hundred (400) Submissions uploaded to Website during Contest Period, and are otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules, will receive 300 Business Extra points awarded to the Company associated with their entry ("Early Entry Gift"). Approximate Retail Value - $99.50. Business Extra points are valid for two full calendar years from date of issue and are subject to the terms and conditions set forth at www.businessextra.com/termsConditions.htm.
6. Submission Guidelines: All must be completely and solely original to entrant and must not have been taken or composed, in whole or in part, from any other source other than entrant, must have been created specifically for this Contest, and must not have been released commercially in order to be an eligible Submission. Submissions which contain materials that are not the original work of the entrant, or are illegible or incomplete, will not be accepted or eligible to win.
Submissions must not include, depict or make reference to any of the following: obscenity, explicit or inappropriate language, nudity, pornography, sexual explicitness, drug or alcohol use, violence, firearms/weapons, commercial products, other than Sponsor's or applicable Company's, unauthorized copyrighted, trademarked or patented properties, including brand names, logos, or trade dress, private property, unless entrant has obtained a property release from the owner specific for uses specified herein, material that promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or promotes any particular political agency or message, material that is hateful, tortious, defamatory, false or misleading, disparaging, slanderous, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property rights, material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation, personal identifiable information, including but not limited to, names, license plates, phone numbers, personal addresses, and any other content, including but not limited to, text, images, graphics, photographs, captions and descriptions, data, codes or programs that could be considered inappropriate or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Further, Submissions must not contain any claim that is not and cannot be substantiated or that would be false or misleading to a reasonable consumer.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be a material violation of the Official Rules or that are not in keeping with the Submission Guidelines specified herein or Sponsor's image, or which communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associated. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to ask the applicable Entrant to remove or blur any non-material elements (e.g. small logos on clothing, artwork hanging in the background, etc.) rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant Submission). Sponsor is not obligated to use, publish or display or broadcast any Submission.
All Submissions will be reviewed for content before being published or judged, however such review does not relieve entrant from responsibility for compliance with all of these Official Rules. ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WILL NOT BE EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants.
By participating in this Contest, Entrants: (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (ii) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (iii) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (iv) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, UP Global, Administrator and all other Contest Entities from and against any and all claims, injury or damages arising out of or relating to participation in Contest and/or the use, misuse or redemption of the Prizes, including any travel related thereto, and for any claim, including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) entrant has the right and authority to enter Contest on behalf of entrant's associated Company; (ii) that entrant has all rights to the Submission and all contents and components thereof, and that entrant has obtained all rights, consents, and permissions, including, but not limited to, those of any persons that may have participated in Submission, necessary to grant the rights granted herein; (iii) that the Submission was created specifically for Contest; (iv) that the Submission, in whole or in part, has not been released commercially; (v) the Submission does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (vi) the Submission is free and clear of any and all liens or claims with respect to the use of the Submission in the manner authorized in these Official Rules, and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever; and (vii) the Submission is not and will not be defamatory, disparaging, libelous, pornographic or obscene, or otherwise violate these Official Rules. In addition, each entrant represents and warrants that the Submission is true, accurate and not a misrepresentation or fraud.
Any and all elements appearing in a Submission, including, without limitation, music, photographs, art or any other materials, must be your own original work, created and performed by you, or be in the public domain. Further, if synchronizing music with your Submission, you must only use original or royalty free music, music that is in the public domain or music to which you have obtained a license appropriate for the uses specified herein.
All entrants, whether a Winner or not, represent and warrant that they have the right and authority to enter Contest on behalf of his or her associated Company, and, in consideration for being considered to enter this Contest, they are granting Sponsor and Administrator, and their respective representatives, affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns; (i) the right, but not the obligation, to edit, adapt, reformat, rearrange, modify, combine with other material, add to and/or customize Submission; and (b) the non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free, right and license to exhibit, display, broadcast, copy, reproduce, encode, compress, encrypt, incorporate data into, rebroadcast, transmit, record, publicly perform, create derivative works of, distribute and synchronize in timed relation to visual elements, and or otherwise exploit the Submissions, and/or any portions or excerpts thereof, in any manner, including advertising, promoting and publicizing Sponsor's activities, an unlimited number of times, in any and all media, known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without any additional liability, obligation or additional payment of any kind to entrant or any third party.
Entrants agree to obtain, upon request from Sponsor, any documentation necessary to prove their unrestricted ownership in all contents of their Submission and their right to use Submission as specified in these Official Rules. Any person featured in Submissions must sign a release prior to awarding of prize.
All Submissions submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered "Eligible Submissions". All physical Submission materials become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Submissions will not be returned and receipt of Submissions will not be acknowledged. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of Submission by Sponsor.
Featured Submission Prizes: Up to twenty-seven (27) Featured Submission Prizes will be awarded, nine (9) for each of the three (3) Categories. The Company associated with each Entrant that submitted a Featured Submission will receive: (1) 10,000 Business Extra points*, with an approximate retail value ("ARV") of $2,487.50; and (ii) a one-year subscription to Inc., with an ARV of $12.99, the ("Featured Submission Prize"). The total ARV of each Featured Submission Prize is $2,500.49.
Finalist Prizes: There will be nine (9) Finalists, three (3) for each of the Categories. In addition to Featured Submission Prizes, the Company associated with each Finalist will receive: (i) 20,000 Business Extra points*, with an ARV of $4,975.00; and (ii) a trip for up to two (2) individuals employed by the applicable Company ("Attendees"), to Washington, DC ("Destination") to attend the Inc. 500|5000 Conference & Awards Ceremony ("Event"), currently scheduled to take place on October 10, 2013 through October 12, 2013, but subject to change. Travel must occur October 09, 2013 through October 13, 2013. No other travel dates are available. The trip will include: (i) round trip coach class air transportation on American, American Eagle, and AmericanConnection flights for Attendees which shall originate from an airport served by American, American Eagle, and AmericanConnection carriers within the 50 United States of America near to Entrant's place of business to either of the three Washington D.C. area airports: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), or Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI), with an approximate retail value ("ARV") of $2,487.50; (ii) one (1) prepaid gift card for $220 to cover ground transportation and incidentals, with an ARV of $220.00; (iii) four (4) nights hotel accommodations in Destination for Attendees, which will be one (1) standard room based on double occupancy (meals, telephone calls, tips, gratuities, and other incidentals and costs are not included), with an ARV of $1,096; and (iv) two (2) tickets to the Event, with an ARV of $3,390.00, collectively the ("Finalist Prize" or "Finalist Prizes"). The total ARV of each Finalist Prize is $12,168.50. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if the Attendee resides within 100 miles of Destination and no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in Prize value. Attendees from each applicable Company must travel on the same itinerary.
Grand Prizes: There will be three (3) Grand Prize Winners, one for each of the Categories. In addition to the other prizing listed above, the Companies associated with the Grand Prize Winners will each receive: (i) 30,000 Business Extra points, with an ARV of $7,462.50; (ii) two (2) annual memberships to Admirals Club airport lounges for up to two (2) employees of Company, with an ARV of $2,000; (iii) one (1) full-page ad in American Way or Nexos for two (2) issues**, with an ARV of $16,030; (iv) one (1) Admirals Club "Sponsor Display" in one (1) Admirals Club lounge to be selected by Grand Prize Winner and subject to availability, for one (1) month (standard size 22" x 28"), with an ARV of $4,510; (v) one (1) AA.com homepage banner ad with 100,000 targeted impressions over a 1 to 3 month period**, with an ARV of $3,000; (vi) exposure on in-flight TV by way of featured testimonial introducing Grand Prize Winner, with an ARV of $39,160; (vii) one (1) full-page ad in Inc. magazine for one issue, with an ARV of $25,000; (viii) AAdvantage Gold membership status for up to two (2) employees of Company (No retail value), collectively the ("Grand Prize" or "Grand Prizes"). The total ARV of each Grand Prize is $97,162.50.
*Business Extra points are valid for two full calendar years from date of issue.
**Subject to creative approval by American Airlines. Advertisements will require partial American Airlines-branded promotional section not to exceed 20% of space that, among other things, states the Company is a Contest Grand Prize Winner. Scheduling is required by December 31, 2013 and advertisement must run before June 30 2014.
The Featured Submission Prizes, the Finalist Prizes and the Grand Prizes will hereinafter collectively be referred to as (the "Prizes"). The Companies associated with the Entrants that submitted Featured Submissions, the Finalists and the Grand Prize Winners will hereinafter collectively be referred to as ("Winner" or "Winners"). The total ARV of all of the Prizes is $468,517.23. The ARVs are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment and the time of travel and the distance between departure and Destination when applicable. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded.
8. Publicity Release: By participating in Contest, each Entrant grants the right to Sponsor, and Administrator and their representative, affiliates, licensees and assigns, to record, film, videotape and photograph the Entrant ("Images"). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and Prize information and any other attributes of Entrant, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or on a Winner's List or any other lawful purpose, whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
9. Judging for Featured Submissions Selection: Submissions will be judged for featured Submission selection by representatives of Sponsor and Administrator ("Judges") based on the judging criteria specified herein. There will be up to twenty-seven (27) featured Submissions selected from the Eligible Submissions ("Featured Submissions"). The Submissions will be judged on how well the Submission communicates the following: (i) ability to present a concise, compelling case for how a trip the Entrant took changed the future of Entrant's Company (50%); and (ii) originality and creativity of presentation (50%), ("Judging Criteria"). The nine (9) Submissions in each Category with the highest total scores will each be determined to be a Featured Submission (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules). In the event of a tie or dispute or for any other reason that Sponsor deems necessary, the tied Submissions will be re-judged by Judges based on the following Judging Criteria listed below: ability to present a concise, compelling case for how a trip the Entrant took changed the future of Entrant's Company, and continuing thereafter to the second Judging Criteria listed above as needed to break the tie.
10. Voting for Finalist Selection: During the period of September 05, 2013 at 11:59:59 AM CT through September 26, 2013 at 11:59:59 AM CT, the Featured Submissions will be posted online at aa.com/fca3 for judging by online viewers ("Online Judges").Online Judges will vote on their favorite Submission based upon the equally weighted criteria of persuasiveness and originality/creativity. On or about September 27, 2013, the three (3) Featured Submissions in each Category with the most votes will be declared the Finalists. The total number of online votes submitted for each Featured Submission will be tabulated by Administrator. Use of any automated system to vote is prohibited and may result in disqualification. Hiring or attempting to hire individuals to vote is prohibited and may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect or fraudulent votes, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. In the event of a tie, the Submission that received the tying score first will be deemed the Winner.
All Featured Submissions will be posted at aa.com/fca3 during the voting period. Entrants agree that Sponsor may post their Submissions, including entrant's first name and state of residence, in whole or in part, as specified herein.
11. Judging for Grand Prize Winner Selection: Finalists will be judged for Grand Prize Winner consideration by Judges based on the Criteria specified above in Section 9. The one (1) Submission in each Category with the highest total scores will each be determined to be a Grand Prize Winner (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules) In the event of a tie or dispute or for any other reason that Sponsor deems necessary, the tied Submissions will be re-judged by Judges based on the second Judging Criteria listed above: ability to present a concise, compelling case for how a trip the Entrant took changed the future of Entrant's Company and continuing thereafter to the second Judging Criteria listed above as needed to break the tie.
Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may receive many Submissions in connection with this Contest and that some Submissions may be very similar in content, idea, theme, or in other respects to other Submissions received or submitted. Entrant waives any and all claims Entrant may have had, may have and/or may have in the future, that any Submission in this Contest is similar to his/her Submission, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such Submission.
12. Winner Notification: On or about August 26, 2013 Administrator will attempt to contact the Entrants associated with the Featured Submissions via the telephone number provided on his or her entry form. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. Three (3) attempts will be made over a twenty-four (24) hour period. If an Entrant cannot be reached directly during this time, the Entrant may be disqualified and an alternate will be selected in the Sponsor's sole discretion, from among the remaining applicable Eligible Submissions received, if time permits. Sponsor is not responsible for any change to Entrant's telephone number. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate in the event that any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. The Grand Prize Winners will be announced at the Inc. 500|5000 Conference and Awards Ceremony and the Finalists must be present at this Event to win.
13. Winner Verification: Companies associated with Featured Submissions will be determined to be potential Winners when their associated Submission is selected as a Featured Submission. To be eligible to be declared a Winner and to receive the applicable Prizes, the Entrants associated with the Featured Submissions must sign, within two (2) days of receipt of such documents from Administrator or Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release that: (a) releases Contest Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner's participation in Contest, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity including travel, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize; (b) except where prohibited by law, a publicity release granting Contest Entities the right to use Entrant's and associated Company's name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification; (c) a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free, license, in perpetuity, commencing at Contest entry granting Sponsor and its designees the right to use the Submission as specified herein; and (d) any other release deemed necessary. In addition, all individuals featured in Featured Submission must sign a Sponsor provided release prior to and as a condition of Entrant's Submission being determined to be a Featured Submission. Entry into Contest constitutes agreement to sign such releases. If Entrant does not sign theses releases and return them within the time frame specified, the potential Winner may be disqualified, at Sponsor's or Administrator's sole discretion and the Prizes forfeited. When such documentation is properly executed and providing potential Winners are otherwise in compliance with the Official Rules, potential Winners will each be determined to be a Featured Submission, Winner, Finalist or Grand Prize Winner as applicable.
Attendees participating in Prize must be the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside and will also be required to sign a Liability/Publicity Release that must be returned within two (2) days of issuance. If a Company chooses not to take an Attendee, or if any Attendee does not sign the documentation as provided in these Official Rules within the time frame specified then the applicable Attendee elements of the Prize will be forfeited and the other elements of the Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's obligation to award the Prize. Prizes will be forfeited if a Winner or Attendee fails to comply with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
By participating in Contest, Entrants and Attendees acknowledge that Contest Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that Entrants and Attendees will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Prizes.
Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute the documentation within the time frame specified.
14. Prize Terms: The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes will be on or around October 09, 2013 through October 13, 2013, but subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by a Winner. Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prizes. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prizes, including, without limitation; meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, entertainment, tips, gratuities, souvenirs, personal expenses, damages to hotel rooms, baggage fees, travel insurance, departure taxes and fees, and any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes, are solely Winner's responsibility. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CONTEST ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Prizes pictured in online television, print, advertising, and other Contest materials are for illustrative purposes only. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes, including all travel arrangements, will be made by Administrator and/or Sponsor.
15. TAXES: Any valuation of the Prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of the Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winning Companies' responsibility. Winning Companies are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winning Companies must provide the Administrator or Sponsor with valid taxpayer identification number and a signed IRS Form W-9 before any Prize will be awarded. United States residents that win $600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under the IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Winning Companies must contact their own tax advisors for any questions concerning taxes.
17. Program/Prize Terms: Business Extra is a travel program that rewards small to medium sized companies for doing business with American Airlines. Companies earn Business Extra points when their employees travel on American Airlines and American Eagle and include their company's Business Extra number in their reservations while the employees still earn their own personal AAdvantage miles. The Business Extra program is free to join. Companies earn two points for every $10 spent for all qualifying tickets on American Airlines, American Eagle and the American Connection carrier and select partner airlines on eligible codeshare flights. American reserves the right to exclude or modify specific fare types in all or specific markets from its calculation of Flown Revenue. American Eagle service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc. American Connection service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc. American Airlines reserves the right to change the Business Extra program at any time without notice. For complete Business Extra program details visit www.businessextra.com.
Admirals Club membership is open to all persons 18 years of age or older. Membership is non-transferable. Use of the Admirals Club facilities is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Airlines, Inc., including, without limitation, all policies set forth in the terms and conditions for Admirals Club members, which can be found at www.aa.com/admirals club and click on Membership and then click on Membership Terms and Conditions. American reserves the right to revise the rules and Membership Guide at any time, without notice. American reserves the right to restrict, alter or modify the fees, amenities, services, facility hours or locations at any time without written notice. Rules and policies applicable to airline lounges operated by other airlines with which we have reciprocal access arrangements are determined by the operating airline and must be observed when visiting these reciprocal lounges. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services separately offered by third parties and made available at Admirals Club facilities. American reserves the right to terminate membership, deny membership, or remove any member or visitor for inappropriate conduct, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive, or violent, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions. Such termination, denial or removal may occur at any time. Honolulu lounge offers complimentary house beer and wine only. State law requires the Philadelphia lounge to collect a minimum of $1.00 for each alcoholic beverage served.
Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion the airline and hotel to be provided as part of the Finalist Prize. All travel dates are subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. If a Winner or Guest is not available or able to travel on the dates specified by Sponsor, Winner and Guest privileges will be terminated and the next runner-up will be selected by Sponsor from among the remaining applicable Eligible Submissions received if time permits. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. Contest Entities shall not be responsible for any damage to baggage or any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any element of the Prize or associated with the Prize. Winners and Guests must travel on the same itinerary. Winners and Guests must possess valid travel documents in order to travel.
18. General Terms: By participating in this Contest, Entrants: (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (ii) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (iii) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (iv) agree to release and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any and all claims, injury or damages arising out of or relating to participation in Contest and/or use, misuse or redemption of the Prizes, and for any claim, including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
Contest Entities are not responsible if Contest cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Contest Entities. If, for any reason Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, lack of significant participation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities, which, in Sponsor's sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, including the online voting process or proper conduct of this Contest, including, but not limited to the online voting process, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Contest or any part of the Contest, including the online voting process, and to determine the Winners in its sole discretion. If Contest or any part of Contest is terminated or modified prior to the Closing date of the Contest, notice will be posted on www.aa.com/fca3 and the Prizes may be awarded to a new potential Winners to be selected from among all Eligible Submissions received prior to any such event in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Contest for clarification purposes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
By participating in the Contest, all Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to Entrant's participation in Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Contest Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner's participation in Contest, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity.
Contest Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify submissions and votes that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, garbled votes or failure to receive votes, or submissions that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the submissions in Contest, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Contest related advertisements. Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Contest, errors in processing submissions, identifying the Winners, in the announcement of the Prizes and Winners, and the delivery of the Prizes, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer system/software or mobile phone, or other portable electronic devise related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Contest. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any submissions received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any submissions or votes received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the submission process or the operation of Contest; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Contest Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Contest; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS ("JAMS Rules and Procedures") then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Texas law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant's filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT'S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (I) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; AND (II) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ATTORNEYS' FEES.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
19. Governing Law/Jurisdiction: These Official Rules and the Contest are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 18 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Texas, in the County of Tarrant.
20. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winners (first name and state) must be made by November 1, 2013. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Marketing Arm Inc., Attention: "American Airlines Flights. Camera. Action. 3 Video Contest", #140, 233 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ 07452; and (ii) write, as applicable, "Winners List" and/or "Official Rules" on the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
21. Sponsored by: This Contest is sponsored by American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
22. Administered by: This Contest is administered by The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800 Dallas, TX 75201.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS: If you are a copyright owner or other third party right holder or an agent thereof and believe that any Submission content infringes upon your copyrights or other third party rights, you may submit a notification similar to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") takedown procedures by providing Administrator with the following information in writing, attention Agency Counsel at 1999 Bryan St., Ste, 18000, Dallas, TX 75201 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed:
Identification of the copyrighted work or other third party right claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works or other third party rights are claimed to be infringing, a representative list of such works at that site;
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Administrator to locate the material; information reasonably sufficient to permit Administrator to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner or third party rights holder, its agent, or the law; and
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, Admirals Club, American Eagle, American Connection and Business Extra are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.